1st Herstmonceux Scout Group and The Scout Association takes the issue of privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting our users' privacy online. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us using our contact page.
1. The information we collect
2. Registration information
When you register with www.herstmonceuxscouts.org.uk, we may ask for your name, email address, address, telephone details and postcode. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association.
www.herstmonceuxscouts.org.uk may include interactive advertising for other businesses as part of the site operation.
5. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
6. Further information
www.herstmonceuxscouts.org.uk will as part of it's normal operation send out to information emails. Members can choose to opt out of these emails after they register.
7. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member's personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member's responsibility:
- to keep their password secret
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- to log off from the www.scouts.org.uk service when not using it; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the www.herstmonceuxscouts.org.uk Service through the machine that Member uses while they are "logged on" to the www.herstmonceuxscouts.org.uk service
- to search and obtain only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role.
The Herstmonceux Scout Group Website use "cookies" to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise Herstmonceux Scout Group pages, or register with Herstmonceux Scout Group site or services, a cookie helps Herstmonceux Scout Group Website to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Herstmonceux Scout Group Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visithttp://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
9. The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection.
10. Contacting www.herstmonceuxscouts.org.uk
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to www.herstmonceuxscouts.org.uk, you can contact us using our contact page.
Please use this address if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
11. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information